To Purchase My Book

CLICK to BUY Like Litter In The Wind, a Novel By L.M. Ross

Tuesday, November 22, 2011

For These Things, I Am THANKFUL





I am Thankful to be free… finally free of the slavery enforced upon me by that old rabid dog called nicotine; free from the habit that constricted my life-force and made a mockery of... my health.

I am Thankful for the trials and tribulations because they have made me live my life more intentionally... deepening my sense of purpose while granting me a roadmap to karmic destiny and spiritual wealth.

I am Thankful that, my enemies, few as they may be, have revealed themselves, and thus allowed me and others to see their true face.

I am Thankful to not be in possession of a mean or vengeful spirit, thankful that there is such a thing as showing one’s “True Colors” and for being able to see this in all its beauty or to recognize its ugliness.

I am Thankful Dr. Alexander Del Vecchio exists, and that his impeccable timing, his surgical skills and his goodwill contributed greatly in extending the course of my life.

I am Thankful for technology and for the genius invention of the pacemaker.

I am Thankful for my mother’s strength; and I do marvel at the fact of how her spine and her arms and her back have grown stronger in these times of uncertainty.

I am Thankful to those who had the foresight to have told me “No!” or who said I “Wasn’t Ready” when time has proven that they truly knew better than I.


I am Thankful that people like Whitman and Picasso, Langston and Jimmy, Ingrid and Sidney, Nina and Cicely, Miles and Stevie, Richard and Amiri, Maya and Marlon, and Nick and Phoebe existed and will always exist to teach and inspire the masses.

I am Thankful for those who are so much, smarter, deeper, wiser than I and who continue to show me new Life Lessons.


I am thankful for my Doctors, my Lawyers, my Nurses, my Angels, and my personal Dream Team who have remained so steadfastly by my side.


I am Thankful for the caring of Carolyn, and the charm and company of Jan Yves, and the sunshiny rays Sunni, the good deeds and musical gifts of Derrek and Lucas, the continual loveliness of Lori, and the wonders of Wynn. I just THANK them for being IN my Life.

I am Thankful for the slow yet gradual return of my Right Mind, Right Voice and my Right Instincts... which were once dulled by illness and stymied by anesthesia.


I am Thankful that my blood still races with the pace of a Gushing God!


I am Thankful for breathing, thankful for every breath, so much so, that I shall never take the miracle of simply breathing for granted ever again.



Snatch JOY and a turkey leg!


Photobucket




One.

12 comments:

Dorrie said...

and I am thankful that you are still around and that I can occassionally read your messages.....

Happy Thanksgiving from the gal across the big pond where they don't celebrate it...

jae october said...

Perfect Brotha Pen!

We should have something to be thankful for.

Breath...life...love(I hope)... good health to name a few.

Thanks for the inspiration

Love and respect!

Unknown said...

I thankful that you share yourself with us!

Anonymous said...

Congratulations on kicking the habit, Lin! I'm proud of you.

I thankful you are taking care of yourself and sharing your thoughts!

Have a great holiday, Lin!

Mizrepresent said...

Great post my brother! And i say this with great joy, i am thankful for you and everything you pen on this page and mine. You never know who you touch, and how far that touch goes, transcends, for that i thank you! Happy Happy!

Musique's Poetry said...

Great Post. I am thankful for this blog and for your life health and strength

Sunny said...

Truly things to be thankful for!!

Happy Thanksgiving!!

QH said...

Great work, much luv to you man! Happy Turkey Day!-QH

Babz Rawls Ivy said...

Happy Thanksgiving!

Wishing you a day of beauty and good food!

I am thankful for you and your beautiful writing talent!

WynnSong said...

Life is an interesting teacher.
Some of us learn it's lessons and some let them slip by. You my friend continue to grow, learn and share with your unique insight, passion and gift. Our gift is to be a small part of your life and to be able to call you FRIEND......
Blessings, Strength and Love on this Special Thanksgiving Day......

Reggie said...

I am thankful for my family and my health.

Happy Thanksgiving my brother.

Chet said...

I'm thankful for many things and grateful for life.